DPS Creating Connections
Join your team members from across the district for a day of learning, collaborating, networking, laughing, eating….and maybe even some dancing.
2018-19 Program Dates
- Thursday, October 24, 8 a.m to 4 p.m., Merchandise Mart
- Wednesday, January 23, 8 a.m to 4 p.m., PPA Event Center
- Wednesday, March 13, 8 a.m to 4 p.m., Merchandise Mart
Classroom Educators: Save Your Space
Save your space for the Oct. 24 program by emailing email@example.com
Non-Classroom Educators: Register in the LS
Non-Classroom Educators: Quick Click to Register in the LS
Step 1: Sign in using your DPS user name and password
Step 2: Select CATALOGS
Step 3: Enter “Creating Connections” in the search box. Expand the Culture, Equity and Leadership Team Catalog and Culture Equity and Leadership Team General Curricula.
Step 4: Once you’ve located Creating Connections, click the Info/register button to see a list of upcoming sessions. Select your session by clicking the “Register” button. After reviewing further details about the session, click the button “Submit for Registration.” You will receive a message when you have been successfully registered. You may also confirm your registration by going back to the Home page and clicking “My Courses”, which will display all training courses you are scheduled to attend.
What is Creating Connections?
Creating Connections is the foundation for all other values-based programs. Gain greater awareness of our shared vision and values and the importance of building relationships and connections across Team DPS during this one-day program. All team members are encouraged to attend this program, ideally as their first values-based leadership program.
Participants will be able to...
- Articulate, define and demonstrate the DPS Shared Core Values (SCV)
- Align the SCV to individual, team/department and the district work (Denver Plan) to ensure we reach our vision: Every Child Succeeds
- Expand networks and build relationships across the district
- Assess areas of improvement – personally and professionally
- Demonstrate passion, excitement and enthusiasm for team DPS
- Communicate personal credo and adjust styles and preferences to work more effectively with others
- Recognize biases and communicate the definition of equity as it relates to the DPS mission, vision and Shared Core Values
Supports Your Goals
LIFT and LEAD Goals:
- Personal & Values
- Vision & Strategy
- Operational & Organizational
- People & Culture
- Community & Equity
- Learning Environment
What people are saying about Creating Connections
“I was a little nervous going in but by mid-day I was having fun meeting and talking with new people from every department!! I had a lot of FUN!”
“What an amazing class–really helped me figure out parts of my personality. I really appreciate my time spent there.”
“I PLAY FOR TEAM DPS!”
“I enjoyed working/meeting/collaborating with people who represent all areas/departments in the district.”
“I thought this was very fun and informative! The speakers were enthusiastic and made you feel comfortable. I appreciated the time, knowledge, and personal sharing that everyone put in to make this a super exciting learning experience.”
“Overall, it was a great experience. I think each school could benefit from something….to build a foundation of common values and build team effort and school culture.”
“Thanks to everyone that made this possible including our principals; will recommend for coworkers. I play for Team DPS.”