Who we are
The Academics Division works to build coherence in teaching and learning that results in rigorous, culturally responsive instruction ensuring all students are college and career ready. Our division includes:
- Accountability, Research & Evaluation serves as the district resource for local and state assessment and provides expertise and guidance in the collection, analysis, and communication of student and school academic results in order to inform the decisions of district leaders, schools, families and the community.
- Culturally Responsive Education strengthens our CRE strategies, elevates CRE as a focus and ensures the work is embedded throughout academic strategies.
- Curriculum & Instruction supports educators and school leaders by providing standards-aligned curricular resources, standards-based instructional guidelines in core subjects, and professional learning opportunities that are standards-based and content specific.
- English Language Acquisition provides guidance, resources, training and support to ensure that all schools can provide equitable, rigorous learning environments for their English learner students (ELs).
- College and Career Readiness works to ensure that every DPS student graduates college and career ready by providing expertise, strategic thinking and ongoing direct service to students, families, school and central level staff. Gives students early exposure to thousands of career options as they learn more about their own passions and interests.
- Teacher and Leader Learning provides supports for each stage of educator and leader progression; align our talent development strategy with teaching and learning strategies to emphasize development of our values-based leaders and teachers as content experts grounded in best first instruction, culturally responsive education.