Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) College Readiness System
AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, helps schools and teachers make learning more meaningful. Believing that by holding students accountable to the highest standards, providing academic and social support, they will rise to the challenge.
AVID educators and students use proven practices in order to prepare for success in high school, college, and career. To support them in the rigorous coursework, AVID students learn organizational and study skills, develop critical thinking, learn to ask probing questions, receive academic help from peers and college tutors, and participate in enrichment and motivational activities to make their college dreams reality.
- Enroll in rigorous courses such as Concurrent Enrollment, Advanced Placement, etc.
- Receive academic instruction and tutorial support
- Strengthen their writing skills
- Improve study and organization skills
- Become college and career ready
- Strategies for Reducing Test Anxiety
- Backward Mapping to Complete Complex Assignments
- Organization Tool - Organizational Tool Assessment
- Financial Aid Terms
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- College Planning from College Board
- 5 Ways to Demystify College
- 10 Practices to Promote Achievement for All Students