Coach Mentoring Program (Middle and High School, Affinity Groups)
Coach Mentoring is a year-long program that matches 10th and 8th grade students with industry professionals that help support them in envisioning and planning for their career and post-secondary journey. A Coach Mentoring Program Coordinator recruits students from their CTE classes and/or based on specific demographic information tailored towards affinity spaces.
Mentors and mentees complete:
- Informational interviewing
- Career & post secondary research
- Resume building
- College & site visits
- Presentation of Learning
What grades does the Coach Mentoring Program serve?
Grades 8 & 10
What does the Coach Mentoring Program cost?
Coach Mentoring is free to all DPS district-managed schools (for charter school fee information reach out to Coach Manager)
What will my school be asked to do to participate?
- CTE Pathway Directors support by ensuring that Coach Mentoring Program Coordinators are supported in:
- Securing/reserving space for sessions
- Ensuring food is delivered to the appropriate location
- Assisting with connecting coordinators to school staff/admin
What does a Coach event look like?
- Coordinators facilitate monthly sessions for 2.5 hours.
- Each session contains a warm welcome, career/post-secondary component, and an optimistic closure.
How are students recruited to participate in Coach?
Coach Mentoring Program Coordinators recruit students from their CTE classes, based on demographic/affinity specific information (BIPOC, Spanish Speaking, Women in STEAM), or nominations from school staff.
How does my school get involved?
Please reach out to the Coach Mentoring Program Manager listed below.
Can I participate as a DPS Staff Member?
Yes! Please reach out to the Coach Mentoring Program Manager listed below for more information.