DoTS Training Library
The DoTS Training Team offers a variety of eLearning courses and online user documentation. Certain DPS applications require certification prior to system access.
Click below to view the online courses, quick references guides, and additional resources. If you need further assistance, please contact DoTS Help.
Infinite Campus Courses
The table below demonstrates the courses available from DoTS Training, as well as the intended audience for each course.
Intended Audience Course Office
Teachers Counselors Asst.
Principals Other Ad Hoc Reporting (Informational): Learn the basics to Ad Hoc Reporting with Infinite Campus created resources. (updated: September 2017) OP T C AP P Attendance Certification: Learn how to use the different attendance tools from daily attendance to creating custom templates on the attendance messenger and the attendance wizard. (updated: May 2018) OP AP Behavior Management Certification: Learn how to accurately enter Behavior information, including Behavior Incidents and Type One Interventions. (updated: September 2016) AP P Behavior Referrals and Type One Interventions (Informational): Learn how and when to create a Type One Intervention or a Behavior Referral. (updated: September 2016) OP T C AP P Campus Instruction: Schoology Course Access Code: B88J4-WCXX5. This training was built by the Portal team and focuses on Gradebook, Teacher Messenger, Attendance, Rosters, Seating Charts, Student groups and more! (updated: August 2017) T P Elementary School Scheduling Certification: Learn to view, create, and modify course sections as well as fully scheduling students using the Walk-in Scheduler tool. (updated: August 2018) OP Enrollment Certification: Learn how to add or create a person, enroll a student, and enter the ELA district required information within Infinite Campus. (updated: August 2018) OP General Overview (Informational): Non-Certificate course, provides you with an overview to the Infinite Campus System, the certification process and the most commonly used sections and features of Infinite Campus. (updated: August 2016) OP T AP P Household Certification: Learn how to create a household, add phone number, address, members, define relationship and non-household relationships in Infinite Campus. Prerequisite: Enrollment (updated: May 2018) OP Master Scheduling Certification: Learn to build a Master Schedule, including creating student requests, building sections, adding teachers and rooms and more! Prerequisite: Walk-In Scheduling (updated: April 2017) C AP P Scheduler Messenger Certification: Learn an overview of the Infinite Campus Messenger, how to prepare and send messages, and how to record a voice message. (updated: July 2018) OP AP P Parent and Student Portal Password Reset (SSPM) Certification: Learn how to reset a parent and/or students' password using the SSPM password reset tool.(updated: February 2017) STR Transcript Entry Certification: Learn how to enter transcripts from transfer students, as well as how to treat PE Waivers and grade change requests. Note: You must be recommended by a school leader and attend an in-person training to earn certification (updated: April 2018) OP Walk-In Scheduling Certification: Learn to use the Walk-in Scheduler tool to add and drop course sections for individual students. Note: The School Master Scheduler must create, modify or delete course sections. (updated: April 2018) C
Quick Reference Guides for Infinite Campus
- Attendance Overview
- Overview and Creating a Robocall
- Viewing and Editing a Student's Attendance
- Attendance Wizard
IC Behavior Management
- Enrollment Overview
- Search, Create and Update a Student Record
- Enrolling and Disenrolling a Student
- ELA, Authorizations, Uploading and Printing Documents
- Individual Student Verification
- Uploading Birth Certificates for PC, for Mac, for Charter
- Household Overview
- Create/Update a Household
- Define Relationships, add Non-Household Contacts and Update Contact Information
IC Master Scheduling
- Master Scheduling Overview
- Overview and Calendar Setup
- Add Courses and Ad Hoc Reports
- Copy Trial and Mass Set Course Values
- Enter and Verify Student Requests
- Course Rules, AutoLoad Config and Reports
- Analyze Student Requests and Build Sections
- Manually Build Sections, Add Teachers and Roster Students
IC Elementary Scheduling
- Elementary Scheduling Overview
- Creating a Section
- Editing a Section
- Creating a Team
- Placing a Student on a Team
- Ability Grouping
- Intervention, Support and Resources
- Walk In Scheduling
IC Walk In Scheduling
IC Ad Hoc Reporting
IC Letter Designer
Resources for other Apps and Tech
- Outlook Web Access (.pdf): Learn how to access your DPS Outlook email from anywhere.
- Microsoft Office: Browse the Microsoft Office Training Center for resources.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Find resources for site members and site administrators. Individual team sites require a certified site administrator and can be requested from the DoTS Hotline. Sign in with DPS credentials and click "Enroll Me" to begin.
- How to Use your Desk Phone and Voicemail: Learn how to use your desk phone and voicemail.