Infinite Campus Ad Hoc Reporting
There are two different tools in Infinite Campus you can use to access data with Ad Hoc reporting: Data Viewer and Filter Designer. Please see below for a description of these tools, levels of access, and resources to help you successfully use Ad Hoc reporting functions in your everyday work.
The Data Viewer is a user-friendly, report-building tool which allows users to drag and drop fields into a real-time view of the report as it is being built. This tool is used primarily for building basic reports that are not shared with others and have limited export options.
This access is automatic based upon your role and location assignment with the district. Most current DPS employees with an Infinite Campus login already have access to use Data Viewer. If you do not have the ability to see the Data Viewer selection in Infinite Campus, it is likely that your current role does not require this access.
Important Note: In Data Viewer, you will be able to select all fields available in the Field Selection list; however, your report will only populate data if you already have access to those fields in Infinite Campus. For example, you can add the selection for Enrich, however if you do not have access to the Enrich tab in Infinite Campus, your report will not generate any results.
The Ad Hoc Reporting Filter Designer is a robust tool that allows you to save, share, and export the filters you create. You can filter, display, report, and share specific database information based on defined criteria.
At this time, there is no certification required for Ad Hoc Reporting Access, however, access is not provided automatically. To request Ad Hoc Reporting rights in Infinite Campus, please visit dotshelp.dpsk12.org. Manager or Principal approval is required for this access.
- Ad Hoc Reporting Overview
- Ad Hoc Reporting - Filter Designer (Video)
- Ad Hoc Reporting -Importing a .CSV File into Google Drive (Video)
- Apply Ad Hoc Filter in Searches and Reports - If you need to schedule an ELD course.
- Common Ad Hoc Fields Names and Codes - Find common fields used in Ad Hoc Reporting
- DPS Ad Hoc Library Filters - There are several Ad Hoc Filters already created in Infinite Campus. You can use these filters as is or you can copy and adjust to your specifications.
- See the Filter Designer guide (Step three is where you can find instructions for copying filters).
- See the DPS Ad Hoc Library Filters list for all available pre-made filters.
- Export Filters - Export data filters and see the various formats.
- Letter Designer and Letter Builder - The Letter Designer and Letter Builder can be used to generate form letters that pull information from Infinite Campus.
- Query Wizard / Filter Designer - Create or copy an Ad Hoc Filter using Query Wizard.
- ee also Guide - Ad Hoc Reporting Filter Operators for a full list of available operators used in building a filter.
- Selection Editor - Create a list of students, or staff using the Selection Editor
Can't log into your DPS Accounts? Retrieve Your Username and/or Reset Your Password. You will need to have your personal email listed in Infor HR to use these features.