IC Quick Reference Guides
Quick Reference Guides
Select a topic below for the IC quick reference guides available for that topic.
Note: You will need to use your DPS Google (.net) account to access these guides.
Ad Hoc Reporting
There are two different tools in Infinite Campus that you can use to access data using Ad Hoc reporting; Data Viewer and Filter Designer. Please see below for a description of these tools, levels of access, and guides to help you successfully use Ad Hoc reporting functions in your everyday work.
The Data Viewer is a user-friendly report building tool which allows users to drag and drop fields into a real-time view of the report as it is being built. This tool is used primarily for building basic reports that are not shared with others and have limited export options.
Data Viewer access is automatic based upon your role and location assignment with the district. Most current DPS employees with an Infinite Campus login already have access to use Data Viewer. If you do not have the ability to see the Data Viewer selection in Infinite Campus, it is likely that your current role does not require this access.
Important Note: In Data Viewer, you will be able to select all fields available in the Field Selection list; however, your report will only populate data if you already have access to those fields in Infinite Campus. For example, you can add the selection for Enrich, however if you do not have access to the Enrich tab in Infinite Campus, your report will not generate any results.
Most Common Data Viewer Filters
The Ad Hoc Reporting Filter Designer is a more robust tool that allows you to save, share, and export the filters you create. You can filter, display, report, and share specific database information based on defined criteria.
Filter Designer access is not provided automatically, and requires manager or principal approval. To request Filter Designer rights in Infinite Campus please visit dotshelp.dpsk12.org and submit an incident.
Apply Ad Hoc Filter in Searches and Reports - If you need to schedule an ELD course.
Common Ad Hoc Fields Names and Codes - Find common fields used in Ad Hoc Reporting
DPS Ad Hoc Library Filters - There are several Ad Hoc Filters already created in Infinite Campus. You can use these filters as is or you can copy and adjust to your specifications. See the Filter Designer guide (Step three is where you can find instructions for copying filters). See the DPS Ad Hoc Library Filters list for all available pre-made filters.
Export Filters - Export data filters and see the various formats.
Letter Designer and Letter Builder - The Letter Designer and Letter Builder can be used to generate form letters that pull information from Infinite Campus.
Query Wizard / Filter Designer - Create or copy an Ad Hoc Filter using Query Wizard. See also Guide - Ad Hoc Reporting Filter Operators for a full list of available operators used in building a filter.
Selection Editor - Create a list of students, or staff using the Selection Editor.
- Attendance Reason Report - Use this report to show the reasons students are absent from your school from a given period of time.
- Average Daily Membership (ADM) & Average Daily Attendance Summary (ADA) Report - Use this report to show how many instructional minutes have been recorded in a given period of time.
- Daily Detail Report - Use this report to show the absences throughout the year for one student.
- Period Detail Report - Use this report to show the absences throughout the year for one student.
Capstone for Teachers
- Enrollment Overview
- Search, Create and Update a Student Record
- Enrolling and Disenrolling a Student
- ELA, Authorizations, Uploading and Printing Documents
- Individual Student Verification
- Uploading Birth Certificates for PC, for Mac, for Charter
- Adding a Photo for Individual Students and for Mass Uploads
- Secondary Scheduling Overview
- Overview and Calendar Setup
- Add Courses and Ad Hoc Reports
- Copy Trial and Mass Set Course Values
- Enter and Verify Student Requests
- Course Rules, AutoLoad Config and Reports
- Analyze Student Requests and Build Sections
- Manually Build Sections, Add Teachers and Roster Students
- Using the New Grading Window
- Roster Batch Editing
SchoolMessenger (Replaces IC Messenger)
Walk In Scheduling
Can't log into your DPS Accounts? Retrieve Your Username and/or Reset Your Password. You will need to have your personal email listed in Infor HR to use these features.